Post by Used Charr Salesman on Mar 6, 2017 18:39:04 GMT -8
This is a quick guide to transform your Warrior into a Charr-killing machine. Contained within are my personal opinions for properly equipping and utilizing an Axe warrior in Pre-Searing while adventuring north of the Wall. Weapon/Armor choices are meant solely for farming Charr in The Northlands.
- Level 19 Warrior with a Ranger secondary profession
- Pet of your choice that is also level 19
- Igneous Summoning Stone (in order to summon a level 19 imp)
- A Vanguard quest in your quest log (to get the armor bonus)
Your axe should have the highest damage possible. Excellent choices are 6-18, 6-19, and 7-19 (the maximum).
It should have the following stats:
- Inherent +18% damage while hexed. Since you will be hexed most of the time while Charr farming at the altar, this inherent modifier provides the most benefit. Most people tend to go for +14% damage while above 50% health, but I strongly disagree with this popular trend.
- Furious Axe Haft (9%). This will give a 9% chance of getting adrenaline which is very useful for spamming Executioner's Strike.
- Axe Grip of Charrslaying (18%). You want to do as much extra damage to the Charr as possible.
Your shield should have as much extra armor versus Charr as possible. It should also provide as much extra health as possible while hexed.
The best shield to start off with is the Tall Shield that is given as a quest reward. Once you have that, you should be searching for a dual-modded shield with the following stats (or as close to these as possible):
- Inherent armor doesn't matter since the Vanguard bonus ignores it
- +9 armor versus Charr
- +58 health while hexed
A dual-modded shield with these stats is EXTREMELY rare. Do not expect to ever find one so pristine! But since you'll be farming Charr with this warrior, you atleast have a chance!
Get whatever style of armor you want. Each piece should have a Knight's insignia. The headpiece should be the one given by the Yak outside Fort Ranik. Put a Minor Axe Mastery rune in the helmet. Put a Minor Absorption rune in a piece of your choice. Put a Minor Tactics rune in a piece of your choice. Put a Minor Vigor rune in a piece of your choice. Finally, put a Vitae rune in a piece of your choice.
Your build will include Cyclone Axe, Executioner's Strike, Healing Signet, Troll Unguent, and Comfort Animal. No other skills are necessary.
Attributes: 11+2 Axe Mastery, 11+1 Tactics, 1 Strength. You can adjust this as you want, but I find this to be the best.
This build is meant to be extremely tanky, but you can't simply charge into the Charr altar and expect to survive. Your best bet is to wait for the Charr patrol that moves across the middle of the altar to move out of range before engaging. See if you can pull a couple groups of Charr Warriors before pulling the major mobs. Once a few of these mobs have been eliminated, feel free to rush in and destroy the bosses. Focus on killing Jaw Smokeskin first. Expect to have to cast Healing Signet very often. Keep in mind that the Charr Hunters will deal lots of damage, so try and kill them quickly too. The other mobs are trivial.