Post by ishalldefend on Mar 3, 2018 22:19:07 GMT -8
Credit goes to Diesel Tonic (text copied verbatim from his forum post) and imkey (maker of video guide).
This has all the information you should need to run GWMultilaunch. Running this does not break any rules laid out by Anet. You can open as many clients as you want. Just be sure to make new folders and add the gw.exe in each of them. I hope this helps. If you have any questions please ask. (This was copied over from an old user of the forums)
DOWNLOAD (note 2 separate versions: 1 for 64-bit, other for 32-bit operating systems)
Someone was asking for it, so I thought others might be needing it also since you cant get it from GWGuru anymore.
=Guild Wars Multi-Launch=
Launch multiple copies of Guild Wars.
(no patching required!)
# Guild Wars
# Windows 2000, XP, Vista, or 7
# .NET Framework 2.0 or higher
# Make copies of the Guild Wars folder
# Add the gw.exe(s) to the list
# Launch or create shortcuts for launching
* Vista/Win7: May need to start GWML as admin if GW is installed to "Program Files" folder
* Vent/Teamspeak: May need to run Vent/TS as admin or GWML/GW NOT as admin for key catching to work
* GW Updates: Start a copy and wait for update to finish before launching another copy.
* Texmod: See the FAQ section.
* Add - add an existing copy
* Remove - remove selected copy
* Make Copy - create new copy of guild wars
* Launch - start the selected copies
* Make Shortcut - for starting selected copy
* Make Master Shortcut - for starting next unlaunched copy
* Argument Wizard - easy way to edit gw.exe launch switches
* Set Registry Path - set gw path to selected copy in registry
* Clear Mutex - closes the mutex handle under all active gw.exe processes
I really don't know Love, Maybe one of our techier (if that's even a word) members can answer that one. Diesel Tonic originally posted it, he may know the answer to that question. Or, if not, check around this board. There's a few other threads about Multi Launch here, maybe one of those authors knows. Just tag them in to this post. Good Luck!
I don't have my game boxes anymore, but I think I remember something or other about having to have a couple gigs ram or something like that to run gw. does that double when you do this?
Yes, this will take up a ton of physical disk space. You can click the force gw.dat icon which will make sure you do not load up a different DAT file with each instance of GW. If you do this you will get some weird graphical glitches. I hope this helps, I am not super savvy with computers.
Looney: I never get colors right.
Jan 10, 2020 16:47:09 GMT -8
Looney: I feel like a certain Canadian person could've maybe mentioned Neil Peart died on tues. Isn't Rush's 'Closer to the Heart' the national anthem or something you polite ppl up north?
Jan 10, 2020 23:27:09 GMT -8
ishalldefend: Noticed that we just passed 2,000 total threads and 15,000 total posts as a forum...Congrats to everyone for being a part of this
Jan 11, 2020 9:16:08 GMT -8
Looney: Decided to dl gw2 on my new laptop. Wanted to let it full install. Did -image. It dled some, corrupted dat. Did repair. Says its DLing but keeps going like the energizer bunny. Wtf anet, i can't dl 50gb in the 2hrs it'll work dling
Jan 14, 2020 15:06:42 GMT -8
Looney: I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Its the 3rd time its done this. I should leave that pos game leeching bandwidth trying to dl forever.
Jan 14, 2020 15:08:27 GMT -8